The Thirteenth Annual Tribeca Film Festival announced the winners of the 2014 Tribeca Film Festival #6SecFilms competition. Jurors selected four winners from a shortlist of forty Vines curated by TFF programmers and narrowed down from a field of 536 total entries from twenty-four countries to name individual winners in the categories of “drama,” “comedy,” “animation” and “genre.” A fifth winner was selected by an online voting audience of 6,000 in the first-ever #6SecFilms Audience Choice award, powered by Pitch’d, a platform for brands to curate their audience’s videos and photos across social networks by hashtag and facilitate voting to find the most popular. https://vine.co/v/MatD6eVOK2B/embed/simple
- Animation: Matt Willis, Australia, for “Wrap Dancer” (https://vine.co/v/MAYd1VhQQHO)
- Drama: Jessica Harmon, USA, for “Addiction” (https://vine.co/v/Mb3B00tiiEd)
- Comedy: Albert Birney, USA, for “Sylvio Let’s Go” (https://vine.co/v/MOeewxJKgin)
- Genre: Lawrence Becker, USA, for “The Vortex Finds a Host” (https://vine.co/v/MatD6eVOK2B)
- #6SecFilms Audience Award: Evan Hilton, USA, for “Shaking Free” (https://vine.co/v/MqJpVpgelt2)
The #6SecFilms contest debuted at the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival with more than 400 U.S.-based entries in the categories of animate, genre, auteur and series. The contest’s visibility has helped to develop some of the young app’s current stars.