Yesterday’s News is a new weekly posting on MoviedfiedNYC featuring the past week’s big news stories.
- February 17th: A Good Day to Die Hard starts its box office run in the #1 spot with an estimated $33 million over its first four days of release. Its an auspicious weak start for the Bruce Willis franchise considering that its only real competition was Safe Haven, starring a former “Dancing with the Stars” dancer (Julianne Hough) and future “Dancing with the Stars” contestant (Josh Duhamel). Source: Entertainment Weekly
- February 15th: IFC films has picked up the troubled Paul Schrader directed Lindsay Lohan film, The Canyons, co-starring porn star James Deen and written by Bret Easton Ellis. “I didn’t know IFC was getting into producing Disaster Films,” said everyone in Hollywood. Source: MTV.com
- February 14th: Chris Hemsworth will star in Michael Mann’s first film since Public Enemies. Happy Valentine’s Day to all the ladies who felt Thor and Snow White and the Huntsman wasn’t cerebral enough. Source: Variety
- February 13th: “Game of Thrones”star Peter Dinklage has signed on for an unspecified role in Bryan Singer’s, X-Men: Days of Future Past. In a related story, the tremors felt in Southern California were the result of massive, simultaneous nerdgasm. Source: Yahoo! Movies
- February 12th: Albert Brooks has finally signed on to reprise his role as Marlin in Finding Nemo 2. In our wildest dreams, Marlin dies in a boating accident, but in heaven he is greeted by starfish, Julia (voiced by Meryl Streep), and must defend his life. Source: Deadline
Follow us on Twitter: @moviefiednyc
Send your submissions to email@example.com